This programmable, intelligent brick serves as the heart and brain of LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 robots. It features an illuminated six-button interface that changes color to indicate the brick´s active state, a high-resolution black and white display, built-in speaker, USB port, a mini SD card reader, four input ports and four output ports.
The brick also supports USB, Bluetooth and WiFi communication (NETGEAR WiFi dongle WNA1100 Wireless-N 150) with a computer and has a programming interface that enables programming and data logging directly onto the brick. It is compatible with mobile devices and is powered by AA batteries or the EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery.
- The brick features:
- ARM 9 processor with Linux-based operating system
- Four input ports for data acquisition of up to 1000 samples per/sec
- Four output ports for execution of commands
- On-board program storage including 16 MB of Flash memory and 64 MB of RAM
- Mini SDHC card reader for 32 GB of expanded memory
- Illuminated, three-color, six-button interface that indicates the brick’s active state
- Hi-resolution 178x128 pixel display enabling detailed graph viewing and sensor data observation
- High-quality speaker
- On-brick programming and datalogging that can be uploaded into the EV3 software
- Computer-to-brick communication through on-board USB, or external WiFi (NETGEAR WiFi dongle WNA1100 Wireless-N 150) or Bluetooth dongles
- USB 2.0 host enabling bricks to be linked in a daisy chain, allows WiFi communication and connection to SB memory sticks
- Powered by six AA batteries or the 2050 mAh lithium ion EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery